This summer has been full of BBQs, parties and extreme heat. If your system is starting to feel like its working on over-drive, it should be no surprise. Sometimes we have to stop and remember that our beauty begins within. Before you judge yourself too harshly while looking in the mirror ask yourself what habits you have that may be helping those dark circles or blemishes. Are you getting your beauty rest? Are you eating well? Exercising enough? It’s time to take control and be good to you from the inside out. Start by assessing your toxic load. It may be the perfect time to begin a mild cleansing routine to give your skin and energy that extra boost its missing!
Answer the following questions as truthfully as you can. Give yourself 1 point for every question you answer “yes” and 0 points for every “no”. If you score 5 points or more, you may want to consider starting a regiment to cleanse and detox your body.
1. Do you feel tired when you wake up the morning even though you’ve had enough sleep?
2. Do you drink more than 3 cups of coffee, tea, or caffeinated fizzy drinks such as cola every day?
3. Do you suffer from bloating after meals?
4. Do you suffer from skin rashes, spots or eczema?
5. Do you have an alcoholic drink most days?
6. Do you smoke or live with smokers?
7. Do you live or work in a city?
8. Do you rarely eat fresh fruit or vegetables?
9. Do you eat red meat more than twice a week?
10. Do you eat fried food and junk foods?
11. Do you suffer from constant colds, hay fever or allergies?
12. Do you have mood swings?
13. Do you crave certain foods such as candy and bread?
14. Do you skip meals, especially breakfast?
15. Do you put on weight easily?
16. Do you find it difficult to concentrate?
17. Do your joints or muscles sometimes ache?
18. Do you feel tired and lethargic most of the time?
If you answered yes to five or more questions, your system is need of a cleanse. BUT BE CAREFUL& AVOID fads and popular diet trends! And please, definitely avoid extreme cleanse programs! This is a sure way to put your system into shock and risk even more health concerns. The answer is simple: a balanced diet high in superfoods, whole grains and lean proteins; frequent excercise (even just walking for twenty minutes a few days a week will make a huge difference); and self-care.
Self-care is something we don’t always take the time to achieve but if your goal is to balance body & mind, you have to approach it holistically. The next few blogs will explore various practices of self care from body brushing to meditation to massage.
Have your own ideas on wellness & healthy cleansings programs? Share your thoughts with us! We’d love to hear what you’ve tried, what worked, what didn’t and why!
Source: Detox: The Process of Cleansing & Restoration by Sara Rose